YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Our Updated Skit!!!


Skit of America and Canada v1.0
CHARACTERS:
MERICA –RED                  CANADA –BLUE          CA$H/MONEY –GREEN                                TRASH -BROWN


(Trash is hugging America.)
MERICA: … (Tries to push away Trash)
TRASH: (Hugs tighter)
MERICA: …Canada! Do you see this??
CANADA: (Was talking to Money. Looks away.) Yes, America I do.
MERICA: Trash is so annoying! It’s polluting my environment and killing my animals and people. I can’t get anyone to recycle and all they do is make dumps! They don’t even help!
CANADA: Yes…The dumps do tend to leak, and they make so many dangerous gases. I heard that one of the eleven toxic gases they produce is Methane, a powerful greenhouse gas contributing to global warming… and that’s very dangerous.
MERICA: I know. I need to get rid of at least some of this garbage before I am over run!
CANADA: Have you tried recycling? It works quite well for me. 93% of my population recycles and Two-thirds of the increase in waste generation between 2000 and 2004 was offset by increased recycling,
MERICA: Yes, we do have a recycling option but few people use it. Some people are really good at recycling but the majority are just not interested or find it too time consuming. How do you make yours so successful?
CANADA: It’s simple…money!!
CASH: You mean me!
MERICA: Wait, Money… Recycling?  I don’t see the connection.
CASH: Well, everyone wants to either make money or keep the money they have. Even if it’s, say, ten cents, people still want it.
MERICA: So how does it work?
CANADA: We give people money for recycling and charge people if they create too much garbage.
MERICA: I don’t understand. (ow_
TRASH: (Gasps and hugs Merica tighter.) Give me a break… that’s way too much work… no one will ever do it!  It’s so much easier to throw things into convenient dumps!
MERICA: (Tries to push Trash away again.)
CANADA: Here’s an example…When I sell cans of soda, I charge a small deposit for each can. People drink their soda and when they are finished, they turn in the cans to a recycling plant –
CASH: Then they get ten cents of ME!!!
CANADA: Yes. You get ten cents for glass bottles, beer bottles, soda cans, water bottles, or wine bottles. For some people, the ten cents doesn’t matter. But to other people, it does. You can barely find a discarded bottle or can in Canada. It allows an easy way to make some cash if you are willing to put in some effort. People get some money and the environment gets clean with a lot less litter and items going into the dump.
TRASH: (Gasps in horror.) That’s terrible!
MERICA: Not to the environment.
CANADA: We have this recycling option for everything that can be recycled. The only requirement is that they are sorted before they are sent in. Due to this program, we save over 25,000 trees a year,
CASH: But you know what really motivates people?
MERICA: What?
MONEY: Losing me.
CANADA: In my country, we encourage people to recycle. Recycling is free, but throwing out trash for dumps is not. If you have more than two trash bags of trash per household, then you have to pay.
CASH: It works very well in Canada. In America, only 58 percent of households recycle. In Canada, 93 percent of households recycle.
CANADA: Yes, this program has worked very well for me and has been very effective in helping the environment. It also creates a lot of positive rewards as people work together and help the environment and can help other people as well.
CANADA: Plus our expert from Waste Management systems in Texas felt that this program would be possible to implement in your country as well.
AMERICA: Thanks Canada…That is a great idea.
TRASH: NOOOOOOOOOOO



No comments:

Post a Comment